Club Mahindra Ashtamudi Resort Kollam
What unique products could I buy to take back home?
Cashew, pepper, cardamom, Sari (six meters of silk or cotton) and handicrafts
What are some of the local festivals?
• Crafts Festival: The craft festival is held annually during December-January. This festival features the work of craftsmen from all over the country.
• January: Kerala Tourism Boat Races is conducted on 19th January every year to coincide with the great elephant march which is held on 17-20 January.
• April: A colourful 10 day Vishnu festival which takes place in Ashram temple. It includes procession and fire works.
• August-September: Avadayattukotta Temple celebrates 5 day Ashtami Rohini festival. Muharam is also observed in this month with processions at the town mosque.
There are various amusements and festivities which are held in connection with festivals in temples. The mock swork-fight – Oachirakkali, is one of the most important of such festivals. Oachira has been famous for long as one of the sacred places of Kerala. Historically too this place is very famous, for, it was on the plains of Oachira that the much famed battle in the history of Travancore, the battle of Kayamkulam, was fought between Marthandavarma, the Maharaja of Travancore and the Raja of Kayamkulam. In commemoration of this historic battle Ochirakkali is conducted on the first and second of Mithunam (June-July) every year. On this occasion, the young and the old, drawn from the two Karas lying east and west of Oachira, from themselves into two groups, reach the Padanilam (the place for fighting) and conduct the age-old fencing exercise under the leadership of the elder kalari asan.
In Kottamkulangara Temple in Chavara, there is a peculiar custom of men dressing up as women and carry lighted lamps (Thalappoli). The Uriati is a typical festival associated with Krishna Temple. The annual Uriati festival held at Vadayattukotta temple in connection with Ashtami Rohini deserves mention. The Kettukazhcha (exhibition of effigies) festival held at Mahadevar Temple, Thrikkadavur in February-March every year is one of the colorful festivals of the district. There are similar festivals in the temples of Sasthamcotta, Velinallur, Chathannur, Chirakkara etc.
How do I make my Club Mahindra Resort holiday booking?
CLUB MAHINDRA HOLIDAY PLANNING / BOOKING
For feedback write to email@example.com
For reservations write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at 39880000*
* Dial like a local call from the following cities, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Mumbai and Pune. If you are calling from any other city, please call the same number but add the STD code of the city that is closest to your’s from the list given above. Our Call Centre business timings: 8.00 AM to 10.00 PM, Monday through Saturday and 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM on Sunday.
Is there a ready pre holiday check list to refer to?
PRE HOLIDAY CHECK LIST
• Your Club Mahindra Resort confirmation voucher, your membership card
• In the best interest of your security and to prevent unauthorized use of your inventory, it is mandatory for members as well as guests to carry the holiday confirmation voucher as well as some form of photo identification. The resort will not be in a position to process check in without this documentation.
• In line with the practice followed within the hospitality industry, a refundable deposit of Rs 5000 is payable at the time of check in. This may be made either via cash or credit card.
• Any other travel related documentation
• Any specific medication
• Depending upon the time of the year and the climatic conditions, and on the activities that you would like to participate in, please do carry appropriate apparel and footwear. Your holiday consultant can help you with us.
• If you are about to experience a monsoon holiday, do remember to take your umbrella / raincoat along.
• Do take note of your travel time from the closest point of disembarkation to the resort. If more than a couple of hours, you may wish to carry some refreshments.
• If you like reading there is nothing like enjoying a good book surrounded by nature.
• You may wish to check on phone / internet connectivity at the resort, if this is important to you while on holiday.
• It is also important to check that your mode of bill settlement can be processed by the resort.
• If you have pets, do remember to make arrangements for them during the period of your holiday. In the best interest of all resort visitors and guests, pets are not allowed at resorts.