Fun-filled Things to Do in Puducherry
In the southern part of India is a quiet city that is filled with the romance and vibrancy of a French town. It is a great place to spend your family vacations as it offers the right balance of culture, seaside fun, art, shopping, and even meditation for those who desire a soulful holiday! There are several resorts in Puducherry that reflect the peace and charm of this blissful getaway. Here are some fun things to do when you head here:
• Soak in the culture of the French quarter on a walking tour. This provides many opportunities to take memorable photos! The colonial architecture and tree-lined boulevards will surely refresh your senses. You may opt to cycle around the French Quarter, too.
• If you and your family love the water, then there’s no better way to spend your family vacations than with a scuba diving stint in spots like Cool Shark Reef, Aravind’s Wall, and Temple Reef.
• Learn about the various birds that hover over Puducherry on a bird-watching trail at Ousteri Lake. Couple this with a surreal sunrise! This is sure to strike awe in the hearts of your children!
• Explore your spiritual side at the Matrimandir in Auroville—a free-spirited community of like-minded people who have made the settlement their home. You may also explore the many cafes, craft, and activity centers that dot this township, and even sign up for a dance lesson or two!
• Shop till you drop for beautiful paintings, local crafts, aromatic soaps and candles, soft cotton clothing, and antique furniture at the many stores that line the streets.
• Kick back and relax while your kids make sand castles at the Serenity and Paradise beaches; the names perfectly represent the feelings you will experience as soon as you reach these places!
How to get there
The most convenient way to get to Puducherry for your family vacations is by flying into Chennai. Another way is to reach Chennai by train. From here, Puducherry is about 150km away by road. There are three routes you can take—the picturesque East Coast Road, NH 32, or NH 45, with little difference in time taken to reach your destination.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Puducherry is between October and March, when the as the weather is delightful.
Where to stay
Spread across 24 acres of the seafront, Club Mahindra Puducherry boasts eco-friendly studio apartments with amazing garden vistas. You can choose to relax in the soothing ambiance or indulge in some fun activities with your kids like zipping on the sands on an ATV, zorbing, strolling at the beach, and playing cricket, volleyball, and paintball. With a plethora of family activities, Club Mahindra Puducherry gives you a chance to truly unwind and bond together. We think you should click “book” right away!